Tuesday 5 May 2015

Bread Halwa AKA Bread Pudding

Bread Halwa AKA Bread Pudding 

If I am right, this should be the 1st dish I ever cooked. When I was a little girl, I use to take the leftover Bread and make this and My Bro and Me would hog on it. As we stated to like it a lot, we purposefully leave some bread from our breakfast so we can have this dessert in the evening.

This is such a easy recipe with readily available ingredients and no great technique involved.



Ingredients
Bread Slices -7-8
Sugar - 1/2 Cup  (Adjust to Taste, I used Tutti Frutti Milk bread so this quantity was perfect)
Ghee or Clarified Butter - 1/2 Cup + 1 Tablespoo for
Cashew nuts - 10 (Broken into small pieces)
Milk - 2 Cups (I added couple of Tablespoon Extra, adjust to consistency)

Method

  • Roughly tear he slices into small pieces. You can chop them too, I used my hands though. 
  • Boil the Milk in a Pan and add sugar and mix it well. 
  • In another Kadhai or Pan, add  Tablespoon of  ghee and warm it, and add the broken cashew nuts and saute them till they slightly change color. Don't cook them too much.
  • Remove the Cashews and keep them aside.
  • In the same pan add 1/2 Cup of  Ghee and once it is warm, add the Bread slices and saute.
  • Saute till they are slightly Golden in Color.
  • Once the reach the color, add the Milk - Sugar to this and Stir.
  • Once you add the milk, reduce the flame of the stove.
  • Stir it occasionally and mash the bread slices and cook till you get the Halwa consistency.
  • Switch off the flame and add the sauteed Cashews.
  • This dish can be served Hot or Cold and either way it will taste Yum.
  • You can also Pair it with a dollop of Vanilla Ice Cream . 

0 comments:

Post a Comment