Friday 30 May 2014

Eggless Mango Mousse with Mango Glaze

Eggless Mango Mousse  with Mango Glaze 

Mango is in season and my house is filled with the sweet aroma of Mango. Personally I am not a great fan of Mango (which everyone think is rare), however, my mother, Brother and Hubby are crazy fans of mango. They survive of mango during the season.

As my house and my moms was filled with Mango I decided to do some desserts with Mango. SO I made Mango Mousse, Mango Cheesecake and Mango Cake. I will share the recipes of the other recipes soon.

In this recipe lets look at how to use Mango mousse. I recently learnt that Gelatin is a non vegetarian produce so I started using Vegetarian Gelatin which is available in majority of the supermarkets.

If you are unable to find them then you can use Agar Agar which is vegetarian.

Another issue is finding Cream cheese, the cost of this too much so i have found out the most economical alternative by using Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) with Milk or condensed Milk.

 Ingredients
For Mousse:
Paneer/Cottage Cheese - 1 Packet (I used Milky Mist 200 Grams)
Condensed Milk - 1 Tin (I used Milk Maid 400 Ml)
Gelatin - 3 Tablespoon+3 Tablespoon
Mango Pulp - 300 Ml + 300 Ml
Sugar - 2 - 4 Tablespoon (Optional, If your mango is sweet you can skip this)

For Mango glaze
Gelatin - 3 Tablespoon
Mango Pulp - 300 Ml
Sugar - 2 - 4 Tablespoon (Optional, If your mango is sweet you can skip this)

Method


  • Soak all (6 Tablespoon) of the Gelatin in little cold water for some minutes till it becomes fluffy. This may take 10 minutes.
  • After 10 minutes, mix this soaked Gelatin in hot water and mix well till it becomes transparent. 
  • Meanwhile, In a blender add Paneer, Condensed Milk, 300 ml of Mango Pulp and blend it well.
  • To this add  half of the prepared gelatin and mix well.
  • Take your serving dish and fill 1/2 or 3/4 of the dish with the prepared Mousse. 
  • I used individual mousse shots to serve them. You can use any dish which is freezer friendly.
  • Pop this into the freezer for 10 -15 minutes.
  • Meanwhile take the remaining Gelatin and Mango Pulp and mix them together.
  • Now remove the Mousse from the dish and pour a thin layer of the prepared mango glaze on top of the mousse. 
  • Cover the dish with some cling film and keep it in the freezer for 15-30 minutes or till the Mousse and Glaze is set.
  • Serve it chilled.


0 comments:

Post a Comment