Wednesday 25 June 2014

Pumpkin Bread (Cake) - With Wheat , No Butter, No egg

Pumpkin Bread - With Wheat 

After my success with the Pumpkin Soup, I wanted to bake something using Pumpkin but somehow I slipped out of my memory. So this time as soon as I purchased Pumpkin, I headed home and started making this aromatic Bread.

Do try this and I promise you wont be disappointed at all.



Ingredients
Whole Wheat Flour - 1 Cup
Pumpkin Puree - 1 Cup (Refer to Pumpkin Soup)
Maida - 1 Tablepoon
Raisins - 1 Tablespoon
Almonds - 6-8 (Roughly Chopped)
Sugar- 1/2 Cup (I used Brown, bu regular sugar is fine too)
Yoghurt - 2 Tablespoon (Subsitute with Soy Milk for Vegan)
Grated Coconut - 2 Tablespoon (Optional, But believe me this takes the bread to the next level)
Oil - 1 Tablespoon
Baking powder - 1 Teaspoon
Cinnamon Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
Salt - A pinch

Method

  • In a mixing Bowl add Pumpkin Puree, Curd,Oil, sugar,coconut,cinnamon powder,salt and mix well.
  • Sift Wheat flour, Baking Soda and Maida together.
  • Mix the Sifted Flour to the prepared liquid mixture and lightly mix them.
  • To this add the Raisins and Almonds.
  • Pour this prepared batter into greased Baking Pan.
  • Bake this at 190C in a pre heated oven for 30-40 minutes or till it is cooked.
  • Cool it completely and then slice. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment