Saturday 2 August 2014

Whole Wheat Garlic Scones

Whole Wheat Garlic Scones 

Scones are a fantastic accompaniment with Tea/Coffee. I make them Crispy outside and slightly chewy inside so I get the feel of layers of texture. I have tried this recipe with garlic powder and fresh garlic and they both taste great. I used the recipe from here.


Ingredients
Whole Wheat Flour - 1 Cup
Quick Cooking Oats - 1/4 Cup (I used Quaker)
Fresh Garlic - 6 (Grated, adjust to taste, I like garlic so I have used it more)
Curd - 1/2 Cup
Oil or Cheese - 1/4 Cup (I used a combination of Rice Bran Oil and Cheddar Cheese)
Milk - 1/4 Cup  (You can use Water or combination of water and Milk)
Baking powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
Red Chilly powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
Salt - 1/4 Teaspoon

Method

  • In a big bowl add all the ingredients except milk and mix them well.
  • Once everything is mixed, add milk little by little and knead till you get a dough consistency.
  • Rest it for 10 minutes.
  • Place the dough on a floured surface and roll it using a rolling pin.
  • The thickness can be 1/2 inch.
  • Now using a cookie cutter cut them into desired shapes.
  • Place this on a baking tray lined with aluminium foil or Parchment paper.
  • Prick the scones using a fork.
  • Bake it in a pre heated oven for 10-15 minutes or till it is slightly golden brown at 180C. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment