Tuesday 4 November 2014

BeetRoot Cutlet/Beet Tikki

Beetroot Cutlet/Beet Tikki 

I have lot of tikki recipes in my blog but officially this is the best Tikki that I have ever tasted. This recipe I got from a local Cookery show that I got to see by chance. Honestly I was very skeptical about making Beet Tikkis and to my surprise it tasted Fabulous.

Click Here to check the other Tikki recipes on my blog.




Ingredients

Beet Root - 300 Grams (I de-skinned, Boiled and Grated it)
Potato - 1 (Large, De-skinned, Boiled and Grated)
Whole Wheat Bread Slices - 2  (Pulse it in the Mixer)
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1/2 Teaspoon
Onion - 1 (Medium, finely Chopped)
Chilly Powder - 1 Tablespoon
Coriander Powder - 1 Teaspoon
Garam Masala - 1/2 Teaspoon
Roasted Peanuts - 4-5 Tablespoon (Add more or less depending on your taste, you can skip it too, these add a nice crunch to the cutlet)
Salt - To Taste
Rawa/Sooji/Bread Crumbs - 4 Tablespoon (To coat the Cutlet)
Maida/Cornflour - 2-3 Tablespoon
Oil - To Tawa Fry the cutlets

Method
  • In a kadai,  heat a tablespoon of Oil and add the onions and saute for 2 minutes and add the the following masala on the low flame: Chilly powder, Coriander powder, garam Masala and Ginger Garlic paste and saute for 45 seconds.
  • Now place this in a mixing bowl and to this add the grated Beet and Grated Potato and Pulsed Bread Slices and Knead.
  • To me the bread slices absorbed all the mositure, however depending on the vegetable and your cooking process you can add some cornflour or Maida to remove the mosituire from thsi mixture.
  • Now add salt and knead this mixture.
  • Add bread slices or Maida or Cornflour or a mixture of all these ingredients till you are able to shape the mixture into tikkis.
  • After shaping them into tikkis, coat them with bread crumbs as I did not have it I used Sooji/ Rava for this.
  • Arrange the tikki coated with sooji on a plate and cover it with a cling film and leave it in fridge for 1 Hour.
  • The cook who demonstrated this in the TV said that it will be more flavoursome this way and I tend to agree.
  • Keepingit in fridge also ensured that the Tikki got some Volume and it was easy to handle it.
  • After 1 hour, heat few tablespoons of Oil in a tawa and place these Tikkis and allow them to cook, this may take 2-3 minutes.
  • Once it is done on one side, flip it to the other side and cook till it is cooked.
  • Serve this best Amazing Tikki ever.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment