Saturday 21 March 2015

Detox Water - Lemon, Ginger and Mint

Detox Water 

I read lots of article around Detoxing our Body. Given our lifestyle and pollution, use of pesticides etc, the body accumulates loads of toxins so the article recommended Detoxing. When I started googling around it one recommendation I saw in many places is to use Detox Water. They were so many articles oh how to make them , sue them etc which one said multiple things though leaving me completely Confused. So I decided to make them at home and try. I tried couple of recipes and I personally liked couple of them. I will post those recipes one by one. 

Today, I will post one of the most basic, easy and famous Detox Water with Lemon and Ginger. 

Mint aids digestion and is good for Stomach
Lemons has a cleansing effect due to the citric acid in it 
Cucumber prevents water retention and has a cooling effect.



Ingredients
Lemon - 1 (Medium, thinly Sliced)
Cucumber - 1/2 (With Skin, Thinly Sliced)
Ginger - 1/2 Inch (Skin Removed, grated)
Mint Leaves - 10
Water - 1.5 Litres

Method

  • Except ginger, we will add everything else with skin so wash them thoroughly.
  • Use only Fresh Ingredients for making the Detox water, if not they have a very pungent taste and you wont be able to consume them.
  • So always use Fresh Ingredients.
  • In a Jug, pour clean drinking water, add the Mint Leaves, thinly sliced cucumber, thinly sliced Lemon and Grated Ginger.
  • Keep it refrigerated overnight or 8 hours and  filter and drink the water from Morning onward.
  • You can refill the jug with some more water and allow it to infuse and drink it throughout the day. 
  • I prefer to refill 2 times, however the infusion is diluted compared to the 1st time.
Notes:
  • I read somewhere that you should not drink Detox water in drink, so I dont drink them in Night.
  • Bring the water to room temperature before drinking as otherwise you may catch cold.
  • Throw away the Lemon , cucumber etc after 24 Hours and use the freshly cut ingredients.
  • If you unable to consume the water within 24 Hours discard that too as it tends to become cloudy.



0 comments:

Post a Comment