Saturday 20 July 2013

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

I love the upside down cake. I think it is the adrenaline rush that I get when I flip them. I had a Kiwi upside down cake and from then I was wanting to make a upside down cake at home.

In this recipe I have used canned pineapple as I was unable to find fresh Pineapple.They will taste even more divine with fresh Pineapple.

This cake tastes delicious and it cuts like butter. It tastes even better the next day. The brown sugar gives a fantastic taste to this cake.

Ok lets get to the recipe.

 Ingredients

Maida/All purpose flour - 100 Grams
Butter - 100 Grams
Sugar - 100 Grams (Powdered in Mixer)
Brown Sugar - 80 Grams
Pineapple Slices - 7
Pineapple essence - Few drops
Eggs - 3
Baking powder - 1 Teaspoon


 Method

Pre heat the Oven at 180 c and greast the baking pan using some butter.

In a mixing bowl, cream the Butter and sugar well. To this add egg one by one and whisk well. Also add the Pineapple essence.

Meanwhile, sift Maida and baking powder.Add this dry mixture little at a and mix in the butter-sugar-egg mixture.

In the greased baking pan, sprinkle the Brown sugar and then arrange the Pineapple slices and then pour the prepared mixture.

Bake this for 20-30 minutes at 180 C or till it is done.

Once it is done, rest it for 5 minutes and De-mould the cake.




0 comments:

Post a Comment