Thursday 29 October 2015

DIY: DDL (Dulce De Leche)

DIY: DDL (Dulce De Leche)

From the time I started baking, I have heard about this DDL. I was always skeptical about making this as it involved using Pressure cooker. But I mustered some courage and made it, believe me, it was AWESOME. I literally had to hide it from mu hubby who was gulping it. Yeah it was that tasty.



Anyway, DDL is yum on its own, however I decided to make some Brownies with it. I will share the recipe in my next post.



But for now, lets make some DDL.




Ingredients

Condensed Milk - 1 Can (I used Milk Maid, Amu Mithai Mate also works fine)

Method

  • If the can contains any plastic lid remove them.
  • Fill half of the Pressure cooker with water and place the can in the water.
  • Don't place the can standing in the cooker, tilt the cans on its side so the can is fully immersed in water.
  • Close the lid and put the weight on, keep the stove on high flame.
  • After the 2st whistle reduce it to Low Flame, and leave it on low flame for 30-45 minutes.
  • After 30 minutes finish off the flame and allow it to cool on it own.
  • Once its completely cooled off open the tin and voila DDL is ready.
Note:If you are planning to use them later please store them in refrigerator. Seriously, if you want to use it later, don't taste it all or else you will finish everything and there ill be nothing left to store :-) It Happened with me couple of times. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment