Sunday 8 December 2013

Rajma Tikki

Rajma Tikki

I have already posted recipe on Rajma Masala and Rajma Sundal. One thing I have learned with Rajma is that that if we buy it in bulk and store it, it becomes too dried up after few months and it gets very difficult to cook the Rajma.

I made that mistake of stocking lots of Rajma at home and it got dried up and it was difficult to make a masala. However, I had so much that I did not want to throw it away.

So I was squeezing my brain on how to use, that's when my hubby suggested that I can make Tikkis with them. So I came up with this recipe and it tasted good. you can save a lot of time, as we only have to half boil the Rajma say for about 5 whistles and make the Tikkis.

I made the tikkis and also did Tikki Masala. I will post the recipe of Rajma Tikki Masala soon.




Ingredients

Rajma - 1 Cup (Soaked for 12 hours and cooked for 5 whistles)
Onion - 1 (Medium, roughly chopped)
Green Chillies - 2 (Roughly Chopped)
Red Chilly Powder - 1 Tablespoon
Garam Masala - 1/2 Teaspoon
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Garlic - 4 Pods
Gram Flour - 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
Asafoetida - 1 Generous Pinch
Salt
Oil

Method

Drain the water from the Rajma. Don't throw this water, you can use it to make Rasam, Sambhar or to knead Atta.  In a blender, add all the ingredients except Gram Flour and Oil and grind it coarsely. If required add the Gram Flour, to help you make the Tikki.

Make Tikkis with the prepared mixture.

Heat a Tawa with some oil and place the made Tikki on it and cook till they are done on both sides.





0 comments:

Post a Comment